Wednesday 8 April 2009

HP Pavilion G70-250US Laptop 17.0-Inch


Buy this product from Amazon.com

Buy this product from Amazon.com

Buy this product from Amazon.com

The G70-250US laptop is a very capable laptop but with a 17" screen it is not a lightweight. After 3 days of use these are my initial comments. The "HP Imprint" silver finish on the keyboard is very smooth which has a glassy feel which I didn't' like initially, but it may grow on me. The 4 directional keys, which are grouped below the right shift key, are half height keys which seem a little too small. The volume control is a two key operation which uses the left function key and a volume key, and that is a slight annoyance as compared to my other HP laptop (NC6220) which takes only 1 key press. The speakers and the LCD display perform very well when viewing HD movie trailers and various DVD's. There is nearly 25GB of preloaded software, and I removed about 50% of which I don't care to use or have acquired previously. Microsoft Vista is a decent OS, however I found a case where it was not compatible with my Netgear WGT624V3 wireless router (search the web for details on making a registry change in Vista). I'll describe my laptop use to be 70% business, 30% casual audio/Photoshop editing and web shopping mostly at home. I'm pretty satisfied with this laptop knowing it's not a stellar performer but capable one for doing ordinary office work and recreational stuff which doesn't require the Intel "Genius" processor. It's a pretty good price performer from HP (and my 3rd HP laptop).

No comments:

Post a Comment