Tuesday 14 April 2009

Acer LCD Monitor V173b 17-Inch


Buy this product from Amazon

I bought this monitor for our backup computer which is an old Gateway PC running Ubuntu (free computer operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux). The old CRT monitor was over 10 years old and was fading into history not to mention it was huge, hot and took a lot of energy.

This computer is mainly used to check e-mails, surf the web etc. and I use it to check how photos I re size on the big iMac look on a smaller screen. So I thought this little 17" should be just the ticket.

Setup:

I unpacked it plugged it in and bang it was up and running!! No need to do anything all the settings were perfect right out of the box.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for an easy to setup 17" LCD monitor and want bang for the buck this is it!!!

I highly recommend.

10-27-2008 Update:

This little monitor continues to impress me. It seems almost as sharp and bright as my 24inch iMac which has always been my bench mark for the perfect monitor. But it's a heck of a lot cheaper. How do they make the price this low and the quality this good?

No comments:

Post a Comment